Flaps 1957 – 1971
This first Lodge patch issued by Talidandaganu’ Lodge was issued in 1957 and was the only flap through 1962. This flap was restricted to two per life per member. It was sewn on twill cloth and has square cut edges. The F1 was designed by Ron Stulce & Neal Grove.
This Flap is often mistaken for the charter flap. This flap, issued in 1962, was also restricted to two per life per member. It differs from the F1 in that the edges of the F2 are rolled and the sides are rounded. The F2 was also sewn on a twill cloth.
In 1965, pressure to drop the restrictions from the Lodge flap prompted the Lodge to order it’s first solid embroidered flap. It depicts Lookout and Signal mountains with the Tennessee River winding through the valley. 400 were made with no white for the eagle’s head, thus the name “Brown Goose”. The S1 was designed by Larry Myers.
The S2 was issued as the standard Lodge flap until 1975. The flap was a solid embroidered version of the F2 and was not restricted. Though the flap is now old, it is not a difficult flap to find since it was used for several years.